U4I welcomes everyone to take part in the day by participating in the online Pledge Drive! You and your group can commit to completing one or more Iran-focused actions over the coming year. You can also see what other individuals and groups are committing to accomplish over the next year! Some of the pledge options are below.
Pledge to Support Human Rights In Iran
- Pledge ongoing advocacy for a specific prisoner of conscience over the next year. This can include anything from monitoring and highlighting his/her case, to updating the media on the situation, to urging your government to take action.
- Pledge to write to your respective government representatives “X” number of times over the next year urging they address Iran’s deteriorating rights situation.
- Pledge to pass a Resolution of Support by working with your university, student leadership, or city officials. A sample resolution can be found here.
- Pledge to send “X” number of postcards and e-letters to various world leaders, UN officials, and Iranian authorities, whether it be personally, as an organization, or as a community via letter writing events.
- Pledge to organize “X” number of events. This could include rallies, marches, demonstrations, panels, art installations, teach-ins, or any other events that will highlight the situation in Iran.
- Pledge to utilize and build relationships with the media. Maintain international attention via the mainstream media is integral to spotlighting the situation in Iran. Using the media could include hosting press conferences with prominent activists, writing letters to the editors of your local publications, approaching TV news stations with your efforts, and more!
- Pledge to participate in visual arts campaigns as a means to support the cause. Make video messages or take photos of solitary, either by yourself, with your group, or in public (ask people walking by to participate!).
Pledge to Support the U4I Network
- Pledge to recruit “X” number friends to join the U4I network! Reach out to new communities, especially those dedicated to the budding movements across the Middle East and North Africa, to combine efforts.
- Pledge to join the social media blitz! Sign up for Twitter, make sure to follow and re-tweet United4Iran where possible, and participate in Tweet Storms! “Like” the U4I Facebook page to keep updated on the going-ons in Iran and to be alerted of urgent actions. Please take a few minutes a day to repost and share these!
- Pledge to forward and share actions you take, the posts that touch you, the campaigns you like, and U4I’s e-blasts (sign up here). Use your network to spread awareness!
- Pledge to become a reoccurring monthly donor to help us fund advocacy tools and offset costs associated with events, campaigns, and other action efforts. A one time donation is always appreciated as well!
- Pledge to fundraise by recruiting “X” number of friends to donate a few dollars a month to help U4I continue its operations or via fundraising functions.
Know the U4I team is here to support you and help you meet your commitments and pledges, whatever they may be! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.